Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: I should know better...

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    I should know better...

    than to ever try to get in the head of LPD.

    And to think I was going to let him back on the board. Thank goodness his blow up on the Va Preps board delayed it, and that caused me to go the 'sportsnut' board and find out how little things change.

    I feel bad because I did get mad enough to stoop to his level, but I guess it was good that it opened my eyes up a bit.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I should know better...

    To understand Bobby is to be Bobby...
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I should know better...

    In the end. When you reflect back. All that matters is that you give your all. No one can not appreciate that.








    [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I should know better...

    Go Bulldawgs?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I should know better...

    Watch yourself or you'll end up being snitched out by one of his spies on here, and he'll ambush you on VAP [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif[/img]

    Everytime somebody talks about him, they just give him the pleasure of knowing that he is the topic of discussion (my last post on the subject)
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  6. #6
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I should know better...

    For all I care Bobby can go drink a quart of methanol...
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I should know better...

    I feel sorry for Counts because I ranted to him about it. I think I was just the latest in the target. Indian_dad spoke on Va Preps and was sandblasted because bitter-town, Population Bobby, was lying in wait. I spoke on his forum, with no attack at all just trying to be helpful, and was wide open. I see that now.

    It's my own stupidity. I know Bobby was a useful poster when he wanted to be, but I also know more about his tactics than he ever guessed. I sympathize with Indian_dad because he knows stuff that Bobby probably fears ever being said, and he has the good sense to think before he reacts. The thing is with him, I keep thinking "maybe he'll get it this time" but years of being lied to and thinking he's pulling something just got to me to the point where if he walked up and said "Hey how you doing", I would wonder the angle, and I hate that.

    Heck people, I know I'm not perfect. I know I've ran some people off, but I read what he writes on the board, about this forum having 'problems still' and I wonder what he means. Yeah I know there are issues between certain posters, but that is going to happen anywhere you have people interacting. It's funny that anybody that agrees with me are my followers. Heck no, most of the ones who agree with me about him disagree about hokie or those that disagree about him agree about hokie and totally disagree with me on something else.

    Most of the posters on this forum, I take a lot of council from. Some good advice flows from the older posters. Have we lost people that I would love to have back? Absolutely. That being said, how many of those posters are jumping on his board. If they were just tired of the issues here, they would be there, wouldn't they? I understand, people change, people who had kids and posted here, their kids graduated, and their interst in local sports lowered. No doubt I have caused some to leave, but I think I am fairly safe to guess that less left due to me than left do to him.

    Anyhow, to those of you who have stuck it out for a long time. Thanks. I'll try to not address the other board anymore. I was stupid, naive and I guess a bit too trusting.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I should know better...

    I'm all for consolidation.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member neutral88's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2007
    Posts
    2,568
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I should know better...

    Yours and Lynn's board are the only board for me, and I will be on them until they shut down Rock,,,

    To the spies: Guess what your board still sucks [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
    Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
    [img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]





  10. #10
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I should know better...

    I said that I wasn't going to post on this again, but your post got me thinking a bit. Like I said before, looking back, I regret allowing myelf to lose my cool with the VAP deal. As we get older, we make changes: Some good (in my case, I have made some good ones), some bad unfortunately.I am human though, and when personally attacked, I retaliate. I am learning to just be the bigger man and let things go. There is enough aggravation and drama in this life. Why borrow any more? I will say this: As humans, we all have to deal with many emotions and feelings both good and bad. If the only thing that I could feel was bitterness, resentment, and hatred, not able to feel anything positive about anything, I'd do the world a favor and blow my brains out. At the end of the day, this all means nothing. None of us should give a rat's rectum about what anybody says about us. On the day of judgement, there will be only one who matters (and he certainly doesn't reside on a messageboard). I am not going to spend any time making fun of or badmouthing Bobby. It would be easy to do, and perhaps warranted, considering what has been said and done, but that's not going to earn me any approval with the man upstairs. I honestly mean this when I say I hope that Bobby gets things lined out. I can honestly say that he isn't the same person as he was a few years ago. I am not alone in believing this. I wish him the best. It is a sad thing IMO.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •